February 8, 2008

Positive Attitudes Help Prostate Cancer Clients Survive

I'm always looking for resources to help my holistic health care clients in their journeys of healing.

When I met Mike Jones at the Manor Health Fair, I was immediately struck by the incredible level of positive energy and passion that he exuded as a regional leader for Us Too, an organization dedicated to providing support group and health empowerment services to men, who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and their families.

As a survivor of prostate cancer, Mike dedicates his life to educating others with a vibrancy that helps others to see that they too can overcome illness and achieve states of wellness and spiritual peace.

What did you find most helpful in enabling you to survive prostate cancer?

Mike Jones: My state of mind and my ability to connect with a higher power. Facing prostate cancer allowed me to open my heart and soul to the supreme architect of the universe, God. I realized very early it was God who had a purpose for me in dealing with cancer and helping me understand, "Why me?" Thinking about God opened my mind to God. I knew if I wanted to make it in life, I had to make it my life.

I also found that if you find yourself miserable, count your blessings. It may prompt you to do something about it.

What three strategies can you share to enable our readers to move through the experience of prostate cancer positively and with greater healing?

Mike Jones:

Strategies...

(1) Have a three-day pity party, then turn the negatives into positives. Decide no matter how tragic or devastated one becomes, if you work at it and remain positive, things will work out.

(2)Surround yourself with positive people: friends, family and strong support systems (find others who have been on the same journey).

(3) Love life and find a purpose for your existence. Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so.

To get connected with support groups and other healing resources in your local area, visit the Us Too website (http://www.ustoo.org). For support groups in the Central Texas (Austin) area, please call Mike Jones at 512.291.1017

Kay Hutchinson, CAMQ,CAMT is a practitioner of Chinese medicine, energetic life coach and teacher of qi gong movement. She is the founder of Aiki Healing (http://www.aikihealing.com/), a private practice in Austin, Texas, and the publisher of "Health Prosperity" a publication dedicated to empowering people to manifest optimum health and wellness. She provides long distance consultant services to help clients prevent cancer and to support the recovery process of those who have been diagnosed with cancer with natural healing methods that complement traditional western care.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments: